You’re invited to join us for Easter as we celebrate the death and resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
- Monday – Wednesday, (4/3 – 4/5): at noon on each of these days we will be putting short devotions online with music, prayers and a short message. Our theme will be “Walking Through Holy Week with Jesus.”
- Maundy Thursday (4/6) at 7:00 pm: Pastor Hugo preaches on the theme “Remember and Relive.” Holy Communion will be celebrated and the service will conclude with the stripping of the altar and other chancel furnishings.
- Good Friday (4/7) at 7:00 pm: The solemn Tenebrae service of darkness will be led by the music team, instrumentalists, and readers from our parish community. This year’s service is based on the seven last words of Jesus from the cross.
- Easter Saturday (4/8) Interactive Family Event. Note: This event takes place in upper level classrooms involving stairs—no elevator available. Arrive any time between 1:00 P.M. – 3:00 P.M. to start your interactive journey and learn about “Jesus, My Best Friend!” Each ‘journey’ will take approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Holy Saturday (4/8) Worship Service at 7:00 pm: As we sadly left the darkened church the previous evening, we now joyfully re-enter it, led by the newly-lit Christ candle. We will add our cries of “Christ is risen!” to those raised around the world this night. Pastor Hugo preaches on the theme “It Starts with Darkness”. Holy Communion and your favorite Easter songs will start the celebration!
- Easter Sunday Sunrise (4/9) at 7:00 am: Held at Hillside Cemetery, 2610 – 19th Ave. NE, right off of Highway 88. As the women met at the tomb to anoint Jesus’ body early on that first Easter morning, we meet at a cemetery to rejoice in the fact that our own tombs will someday also be empty. Let the events of our Easter morning sunrise service give you a new outlook when next visiting a cemetery. Pastor Hugo preaches on the theme “Death is Dead”.
- Easter Sunday (4/9) at 8:00 and 10:00 am: Plan to join us on this victorious day as we celebrate our risen Lord! Pastor Hugo will preach on the theme “Resurrection Vision” The music team and the organ will lead music at both services. Holy Communion will be celebrated in both services.
- Easter Breakfast (4/9) from 9:00 to 11:00 am: The annual Easter breakfast will be served in the Fellowship Hall. Reservations are encouraged, but not required. The menu includes pancakes, egg bake, sweet rolls, and fruit. Proceeds benefit our youth group.